Services

Cedar Falls Construction History

Cedar Falls Construction Co., Inc. President Bernard Larsen began his work in road construction in 1940 as a mixer operator. In the early 1960’s, Bernard’s father invented the Curb Master.  This machine ran on steel forms and finished the gutter while building the curb.  Later, with the help of his brother, Richard, Bernard helped design various machines which were the early stages of slip form curb and gutter and paving.

In 1962, as competition grew in the paving industry, Bernard decided it was time to get out of paving and focus on patching and bridge work.  Through his work with various paving contractors throughout Iowa, Cedar Falls Construction grew into a successful business.  He purchased their currently property at 3533 West Airline Hwy in 1965.